Saturday 12 January 2013

Who's Ruby Who?

Let me introduce myself; I'm a 24 year old fashion graduate turned Make Up Artist with an unhealthy obsession for make-up and all things beauty related who goes by the name of Becky Hanks (not Ruby in case you're wondering, this blog is actually inspired by a certain fave shade of lipstick with a bit of a twist!) 
So my journey prior to starting this blog and the path that lead me to make-up has taken a fair few detours along the way! Graduating with a first class honours in Fashion Buying, i progressed naturally into Buying and Merchandising roles and found myself on the first rung of that illustrious career ladder. Though, after a tedious relationship with my office desk and having discovered that the Devil does indeed wear Prada, i decided that the 9-5 really wasn't for me. And so taking my big toe of that ladder, i took that tentative leap into the unknown!

So there i was at the crossroads, deciding which path to take next... My friends and family kept telling me,
"Do something that you really LOVE!"

The thing is, it was staring me in the face the whole time, literally! My creativity, imagination and my love for expressing myself through make-up had always played an important part in my life, i think it just got lost for while (most likely it was hiding under my desk or was just squashed by the weight of corporate responsibility!)But now it's back, and with every day its growing as i rediscover make-up as a means for self expression. It allows you to create your alter ego, your split personality, the eccentric you, the flirtatious you or even the coy. That's the beauty of make-up to me, it reflects your mood, your personality and it can even speak where words can't.

And so now we're up to speed. Here in the present, i'm a training Make Up artist whose learning and experiencing more every day and with this blog i'd like to share with you my progress, my latest projects, application tips and reviews and just generally my continuing love affair with make-up with all you like minded people (I know there are lots of you out there!) Finally i would like to take the opportunity to document my journey along this new pathway in life, hopefully i can inspire some of you to pursue your dreams as well!

Love
Ruby Who
X
 

No comments:

Post a Comment