Saturday 19 January 2013

Creative Lips; Experimenting with Sugar and Spice and all things nice!

A great rainy day activity (or snowy in this case!) Im secretly enjoying the sub zero temperatures and snowy weather we're having at the moment as it gives me an excuse to get creative with a new project. So I was flicking through the pages of 'The Great British Bake Off' book that I received for Christmas and felt the urge to bake something spectacular. An opportunity to use that edible glitter and those pink sugar crystals, brilliant! Though as I rummaged through the cake cupboard, I remembered that post christmas bulge that I've yet to shift. Feeling disappointed and slightly guilty about the lack of exercise I've been doing this month, I decided my creative juices were best used elsewhere. And then I remembered the beautiful photos from Karla Powell's Snow Queen of Sweets shoot. A brainwave- hallelujah! I can use that edible glitter after all. So I set about creating a series of lip art photos with anything and everthing that I could find in the cupboards; sugar, haribo sweets, food colouring paste and icing sugar! 


A great bit of fun for a Saturday afternoon and the best part is you can lick it off your lips when you're done without the guilt of devouring an entire cake!

(You can also get creative with your nails!!)

Love
Ruby Who
X

No comments:

Post a Comment