Friday 1 February 2013

Sea Girl Body Art, Make-up and that Seashell Hat!

#bodyart #shells #sea #makeup
I finally did it, that Seashell hat that's been occupying my dreams and most of reality has just materialized before my eyes!...or I wish it was as easy as that, in fact it was many sleepy nights cooped up in my flat with paper mache on my face and glitter in my hair, oh the glamorous life I lead! Having to leave social happenings and passing on drinks with friends in order to tend to 'the hat'- yes I really was becoming concerned for my social dignity! But this was to be the focal point of my 'Under the Sea' body art, and so the headpiece was just the beginning...
200+ shells, 10 starfish, hundreds of beads, lashings of glitter and 3 pairs of handmade glitter eyelashes later, the sea girl is born! Complete with very own afro, as I can imagine a girl of the sea would not be complete without a huge mane of frizzy hair!

Modelled by Esther Luff and photographer George Burgess did a great job! Now I've completed this project I'm not sure where I should focus my creative energy... candy cane dress? Bird nest hat perhaps?! and my friends think I'm crazy pah! In the wise words of Miss Monroe that are scrawled on my bedroom wall, 

"It is better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring!" 

Love Ruby Who
X

No comments:

Post a Comment