Tuesday 5 March 2013

Body Painting Project; A Living Canvas

I was a little skeptical about this project, body art isn't something I've done a lot at and it's not something I would confess to being good at! But I like a challenge so I was quite excited to see how it would turn out. I chose to base my work on a painting by Alina Grinpauka, who works predominantly with digital art and illustration. Though, I was absolutely inspired by her painting work and so I just went with it...

The idea of the project was to create a piece of body art that resembled a painting, in effect 'A Living Canvas.' And so with this in mind, I painted a back drop that would help to blend my model in. Every part of the model had to be painted; nostrils, ears, hair, everything! I do remember feeling quite disappointed that it wasn't possible to paint over someones eyeballs...but hey you have to draw a line at some point! And so here's the finished image.


 I regret not having had a professional image taken of a higher resolution (this was taken on my iPhone) but unfortunately the resources were not available at the time! Still, I do feel it works quite well on camera. My model was totally freaked out as she thought she looked like a cartoon character, though I do agree, it was rather freaky!

Oh and this image won me some lovely new Crown Brushes from their Make Up Monday competition so I can't not love it now!!

Love
Ruby Who
X

No comments:

Post a Comment